Detail View: Design Library Image Collection: Monhegan Island: Topographic Views

Accession Number: 
190303
Order Title: 
Archivision Addition Module SEVEN--6,160 images
Type of View: 
generalView
View Title: 
Monhegan Lighthouse (1850-1890), now the Monhegan Museum; the covered walkway connecting house to tower was restored in 1999
Date of View: 
8/20/2008
Image description: 
In 1822 Congress approved the building of the first lighthouse; it was rebuilt in 1850. Civilian keepers maintained it from 1824-1945. It is now automated and maintained (only the light itself) by the Coast Guard; the buildings (1850-1890) are a museum.
Image Rights: 
¿ Scott Gilchrist, Archivision, Inc.
Source Institution: 
Archivision, Inc.
Collection: 
Addition Module SEVEN
Culture: 
American
Subject: 
Artists' studios
Subject: 
Boats and boating
Work Types: 
visual works; topographical views
Work Types: 
visual works; photographs
Preferred Title: 
Monhegan Island: Topographic Views
Agent Display: 
Scott Gilchrist (Canadian photographer, born 1960)
Date: 
2008 (creation)
Materials: 
digital images
Technique: 
photography
Locations: 
Monhegan Island, Maine, United States
Location Type: 
(creation)
Style/Period: 
Twenty-first century
Classification: 
Urban Design and City Planning